“We can’t stop listening to it” – Artist Direct
“Hopeful....passionate....inspirational. These are all very descriptive of the music that FLINTFACE’s Joe Scorsone brings to the table.“ – On Request
FLINTFACE’s background can be traced to the streets of West Philadelphia, where, as the son of a minister, he was involved from a very young age in giving back to the local community. At the same time, sadly, he was a victim of abuse that set his formative years on a dark course of insecurity and depression. As an escape, he found solace in the healing powers of music.
“This record is about having faith in where we are headed, without forgetting where we came from,” says FLINTFACE. It's also the reason that his 2014 full-length album is called Hope.
That message of hope comes through loud and clear on the song "Army of Rejects". Combining energetic instrumentation, classic-rock bombast, and a soft, soulful melody, the song is sharply infectious. FLINTFACE reveals, "I want to build a community of people that carry each other. That's the Army of Rejects in my mind. The message doesn't revolve around me. It revolves around the people and their stories. It's about embracing who you are as an individual and being okay with it."
(for more click here)
The National Mental Health Association, Phillip Raskin, Senior Director of Public Education:
"FLINTFACE and its members have been extremely proactive in trying to educate their fans about mental health, particularly about depression among youth….They have even successfully intervened in an instance when a teenager was in crisis."
Pocono Medical Center, Thomas Dimino
Business Development and Outreach Coordinator:
“Powerful Joe, simply powerful. Know that day you may have saved someone’s life. Flintface has the potential and probably already has saved someone’s life. You cannot put a price, dollar sign, or value on that. Kudos to you and everything your band represents. Parents, teachers, school boards…everyone should be aware of this because of the impact it could serve on others beliefs in what it has the power to do.”
- Recently on 'The 700 Club'
- Recently interviewed by Fox News affiliate 1180 WFYL
- Opened a wood shop called the FLINTFACE WOODSHOP in Dec 2014 to support our music. We are now in 40+ retailers and growing daily promoting and supporting the music and message of HOPE
- Currently recording our second full length album in our 150 year old barn (wood shop)
- FLINTFACE has performed over 50 anti-bullying and empowerment shows in schools from Massachusetts to Florida as far west as Iowa
- Produced by Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, Ziggy Marley, Sick Puppies, Keb’Mo, etc)
- Distribution: Creative Entertainment Network Sony/RED
- Some of our sponsors are Lehigh Valley Health Network, SADD, Pocono Medical Center to name a few
- Festivals Mayfair and Musikfest main stages
- Hosted our 1st annual #TakeBackYourVoice Concert at the State Theatre in Easton, PA
- Released our 'Barn Sessions EP' at a packed out Guitar Center in Whitehall, PA
- Ran a national anti-bullying contest to 4000 schools with record setting results
- Tours and shows: 3 week Tour with The Trews, Summerfest in WI, AAA Radio Conference in CO, 6 week Anti-Bullying East Coast Tour of High Schools & Middle Schools